This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.signaturecapital.co.uk and other third party marketing agencies which provide data to us.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 18 years of age.
Signature Capital Investments Ltd is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Signature Capital Investments Ltd
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: The Bling Bling Building, 69 Hanover Street, Liverpool L1 3DY
Telephone number: 0151 558 0071
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at email@example.com
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card and or bank details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content, advertisements and email communications relevant to our business and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Sensitive Data – Should you choose to become an investor with Signature Capital Investments Ltd we will need to carry out Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and ‘Know your Customer’ (KYC) procedures in order to comply with multi-jurisdictional law and the pending contract between us. This entails running checks against AML databases including but not exclusive to Dow Jones Factiva, Dow Jones Watch List and SmartSearch Sanctions. These and other databases enable us to undertake Enhanced Due Diligence regarding individuals to ensure none of our clients or pending clients are Special Interest Persons (SIP’s) or Relatives or Close Associates (RCA’s) of SIP’s detailed on any jurisdictional Sanctions List. We will only conduct such searches once you make the decision to invest and will need to be satisfied that you meet all our AML and KYC criteria prior to completing your application to invest. This will mean you will need to supply necessary proof of identity and proof of Source of Funds to ensure you and we comply with the UK’s AML and Combating the Financing of Terrorism legislation. We may also ask for enhanced proof of identity and/or Source of Funds to satisfy this process. Failure to provide any of the above data will result in your inability to invest with Signature Capital Investments Ltd.
If we are not satisfied with the results of our AML, KYC or Enhanced Due Diligence checks you will not be able to invest with Signature Capital Investments Ltd. Furthermore if you are identified as a SIP or RCA we may report our findings to the relevant Jurisdictional Authorities without consulting or informing you. At which point no further communication will be entered into between us and any business relationship between us will be considered nil and void. For further information regarding the collection of sensitive data please email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers, aggregators or specialist third party marketing services providers both inside and outside the EU.
We may also receive data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
Under our Anti Money Laundering (AML) and ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) procedures we may also ask to receive data about you from other third party sources including but not limited to Dow Jones Factiva, Dow Jones Watch and SmartSearch Sanctions.
4. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
We never share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes without your express consent. However, we may use your data via marketing entities owned by us or our directors such as but not exclusive to Investor Chronicle – www.investorchronicle.com
You can ask us or Investor Chronicle to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or OR by emailing us at email@example.com at any time
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Other companies in our group who provide services to us.
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
- Other third parties for the purposes of our Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC), Enhanced Due Diligence procedures.
- We may share your data with relevant Jurisdictional Authorities in the case you do not pass our Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC), Enhanced Due Diligence procedures during the course of which you are identified as a SIP or RCA.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
10. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Want to know more?
Talk to one of our friendly advisors
Call 0151 558 0071 or email email@example.com